What Every Buyer Should Know Before Purchasing
1. Property taxes and qualified interest are deductible on an individuals federal income tax return (check with your tax attorney to verify how much you can detect on your taxes).
2. Often, a home is the largest asset an individual has and is considered one of the most valuable investments available.
3. A portion of each amortized mortgage payment goes to principal which is an investment (helps pay down your mortgage).
4. A home is one of the few investments that you can enjoy by living in it!
5. Your Real Estate Agentcan usually show you any home whether it is listed with a company, a builder, or even a For Sale By Owner home.
Yes, that is true! I can show you any home even if it's with another company, a builder or a For Sale By Owner!
6. Working through a Real Estate Agent to purchase a For Sale By Owner home can be very advantageous because someone is looking out for your best interest.
This is also very true! I find that For Sale By Owners tend to think their house is worth more than the current market. By working with an agent to purchase a For Sale By Owner home, you will have someone looking out for your best interests and someone who won't let you over pay for a home!
7. Your Lender willprovide you with a list of items youll need to complete your loan application so youll be prepared. You will need to turn these in BEFORE you write an offer, so your loan can be completed quickly and on-time.
If you do not have a lender, I can recommend several lenders that are honest and hardworking. They all have low closing costs and affordable loan programs. I am always looking out for my clients best interest and won't saddle you with a lender that requires huge Origination Fees!
8. A homeowner can exclude up to $500,000 of capital gain tax if married and filing jointly or up to $250,000 if single or filing separately, when selling their home. The home must have been the taxpayers principal residence for the previous two years. (You will need to check with your tax attorney when you decided to sell your home)
9. Beginning with May 07, 1997, there is no longer a requirement to purchase another home more expensive than the one sold. Homeowners are free to buy up or down with no tax consequences, assuming their gain is less than the allowable amounts.
10. Your Real Estate Agent, Katricia Navarrete, willprovide you with the highest level of service and advice!